Setup a dev build
A developers build will enable you to contribute to the project locally, make changes in real time, and test the code for yourself. Just follow the below steps.
- 1.Download the project locallygit clone https://github.com/coltoneshaw/3c-portfolio-manager.git
- 2.Navigate into the folder you downloadedcd 3c-portfolio-manager
- 3.Download the project dependencies.npm i --include=devIf you experience issues with
node-gypwhen installing the dependencies run
pwdor equivalent and ensure that you do not have any spaces in your path names.Invalid path name example -
/Desktop/my folder/3c-portfolio-managerValid path name example -
- 4.Build webpack and sqlite3npm run webpacknpm run rebuildThese commands will take a few minutes as they build the webpack config and rebuild sqlite locally.
- 5.Start the dev servernpm run devThis will start the development version of 3C portfolio manager in a new window for you to test with. As you make changes to the code the application will refresh. You may see errors for dev tools. This is expected until the full build is complete. Give it about a minute to finish.Note: If you make changes to the Electron main.ts / preload.ts file you may need to cancel the dev server, rebuild with
npm run rebuild, and start up the dev server again.
npm i --include=dev